Federico Varese (ed.) – Organized crime. Critical concepts in criminology (Vol. 2: Origins, resources and organization). – New York. Routledge, 2010.
- Part 4. Origins
- Land reform, the market for protection, and the origins of the Sicilian mafia: theory and evidence - Oriana Bandiera.
- Is Sicily the future of Russia? Private protection and the rise of the Russian Mafia - Federico Varese.
- The dark side of private ordering: an institutional and empirical analysis of organized crime - Curtis j. Milhaupt and Mark D. West.
- The notorious Purple Gang: Detroit's all-Jewish Prohibition era mob - Robert A. Rockaway.
- Organized crime in urban society: Chicago in the twentieth century - Mark H. Haller.
The triads as business - Yiu K. Chu.
- Part 5. Information, reputation and violence
- Wise guy: life in a Mafia family - Nicholas Pileggi.
- Part 6. Organization
- The trademarks - Diego Gambetta.
- Gender norms in the Sicilian Mafia, 1945-86 - Valerie Pizzini-Gambetta.
- The Benguerra family - Annelise Graebner Anderson.
- Career opportunities and network-based privileges in the Cosa Nostra - Carlo Morselli.
- Organisation - Yiu K. Chu.
- The mafia in Perm - Federico Varese.
- The modern yakuza: structure and organization - Peter Hill.
Federico Varese (ed.) – Organized Crime. Critical Concepts in Criminology (Vol. 3: Organized Crime and Penetration of Markets). – New York. Routledge, 2010.
- Part 7. Penetration of legal and illegal markets
- Orderly markets - Diego Gambetta.
- The exploitation of prostitution - John Landesco.
- Numbers gambling - Annelise Graebner Anderson.
- Loansharking - Annelise Graebner Anderson.
- Labor racketeering: the Mafia and the unions - James B. Jacobs and Ellen Peters.
- The rational racketeer: pasta protection in Depression Era Chicago - Barbara Alexander.
- Racketeers as cartel organizers - Peter Reuter.
- On the origins of fuel racketeering: the Americans and the 'Russians' in New York - Alan A. Block.
- Protection against competitors: traditional operations - Yiu K. Chu.
- Protection against competitors: recent operations - Yiu K. Chu.
- Drug dealing - Yiu K. Chu.
- Gambling- Yiu K. Chu.
- Prostitution - Yiu K. Chu.
- Private protection in Russia and Poland - Timothy Frye.
- Casino politics, organized crime and the post-colonial state in Macau - Lo Shiu Hing.
- The ethnic vice industry, 1880-1944 - Ivan Light.
- An economic analysis of a drug-selling gang's finances - Steven D. Levitt and Sudhir Alladi Venkatesh.
- Black and white control of numbers gambling: a cultural assets-social capital view - Darrell Steffensmeier and Jeffrey T. Ulmer.
- Out of Africa: the human trade between Libya and Lampedusa - Salvatore Coluccello and Simon Massey .
Lunes 16 de enero de 2017